Skip to main content

LEAVE GOOD BEHIND


First, I give it to MTN on this one.

It's disturbing how easy it is to get comfortable and just settle into the status quo.

It is not a crime not to have gone to school; but if you remain the butt of every joke on social media every time you speak; after all the money you've made and all the important things you and family have been, then... *lips very sealed*


I was speaking with my Aunt over the weekend and she was really harping on how we have to see it as a responsibility to ourselves to be better versions of ourselves. Constantly!


Funnily, a similar conversation ensued between me and Mrs. E. (The Coolest HR ever liveth :)) at work on Monday. She was gisting me about how disappointed she was at the response a serving Senator of the Federal Republic gave at an art exhibition recently. She said it gave her the impression that this Senator (who is seeking re-election, by the way), might have been shouting yay or nay based on which 'chant' was the loudest.


You would expect that that Senator should have contacted an art curator or even Google to get some background information about art exhibitions, how to assess works of art, what technical terms are peculiar to art... so as not to appear on International TV with "the painting looks so beautiful, when I look at it, I remember slave trade. The artist really tried"... how shallow is that? EXTREMELY!


For example, we see how on the way to an important meeting. Cy gives Fitz detailed Intel, and all the relevant information about the company/country they are meeting with. Fitz gets into that meeting and OWNS that information. He walks into the meeting room, someone meets him at the door, "Mr President?" "Hello Paul, How is your wife Amy?" (meanwhile, the first time he ever heard about Paul was about 2 seconds ago when Cyrus mentioned him on their way to that meeting) and then he goes on to have an intelligent conversation.

Do you get what I'm on about?

Information surely is power.‎ And like Pastor Wole once said, there is no way to squeeze 60litre worth of fuel into a 50litre gallon. So you are only as big as your mind. Develop your mind. Expand it, positively, of course. Read. Watch. Listen. I'm so talking to myself right now.

We owe it to ourselves to be better today than we were yesterday. We don't have to be the richest on earth to be better than we were yesterday in every little way. There's gotta be more than this!

As a woman, I want to be a befitting First Lady to my Mr. And za Mr doesn't even have to be a Presido or a Governor for his wife to be a first lady. The fact that he is MY Mr should be enough reason to make him deserving of a befitting First Lady. Pastor Nike is a befitting First Lady! As a man, you should strive to be a befitting king deserving of an amazing Olori. Make someone blessed to have you in their lives. Oh, by the way, if you've got a good special someone, don't mess it up just because you can or by trying to prove you are 'smart'; nothing screams FOOLISH AND IDIOTIC as loud as that, trust me.

Finally my beloved brethren, I think it's time we stopped being basic‎. Let's try something more sophisticated like being friggin EPIC!

My name is Priscilla Adeboye and this is a wake-up call for me. I refuse to be 'Regular'. Who's with me?

Love you guys.

Toodles...xx


 PHOTO CREDITS: dc-associates.com; gaynoralder.com

Comments

  1. Nicely written. We need to leave good behind indeed. Always strive to be better through a myriad of activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Mrs E! (Don't you wish your HR was cool like mine....*music*)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PIA VENTS: JUST DO IT? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a beautiful and restful day… but I’m very pissed and this has got absolutely nothing to do with Nike, believe me. I’m so pissed at the kind of people that makes up my generation. I’m so pissed, I’m crying right now. The kind of greed and lust and immorality and sheer evil that’s going on all around me. That’s what I’m pissed about. We all read about the BOWEN girl that was killed last week by cultists. Why? Because her ‘shakara’ was too much and they ‘wanted to teach her a lesson’. For crying out loud, it is said that as the population of the world stands right now, it’s 4 girls to one guy. and i'm sure there are so many guys who already have their ‘one girl’, that means you can have their other 3 to your 4…meaning there are soooo many other girls for your taking. So many girls you don’t have to ask to give you what you want.... (continue)

KEEP CALM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

 22 RANDOM THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOI :) I’m 22 tomorrow (July 17) and even though I might not have had ‘favorite childhood memories’ like ‘regular’ people, I’ve been such a blessssed girl. I’m so grateful to God. He’s given me a life better than I ever could have lived on my own. I’m actually a very private person, I don’t like to talk about myself but I just feel so excited about this birthday and I feel like sharing 22 of some of the things most people don’t know about me with you. I won’t go into details, sorry :-p ..hehe... UPDATE: A friend of mine said to me, "I read through this list and most of the things you wrote tell me absolutely nothing about you that I didn't know before, why are you so tight-fisted about information about yourself?"... Plus, my friend, Femi 'Phera' Joshua nominated me to say 20 things about me on instagram recently, so I decided to kuku 'UPdate' this list...some new points have been adde

30 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I'M 30

A couple of days ago, my friend Sodeeq and I were having our usual chit-chat and suddenly, he said to me ‘Babe, live a little...’ That statement prompted me to start to think about those things I've always wanted to do but just haven't gotten round to doing. During my self search, I suddenly discovered I haven't really really like really done anything very fun or memorable these past years of my life (except, of course, my night out with the girls (Sasa, Leemah and Steph last year....lol. that was super memorable... *lip sealed*)... and that is funny because I consider myself a very adventurous person. I looove travelling, learning about other cultures and all so I don't know why I've been this 'boring'... So I decided to take a break from all the 'seriousness' going on in my life right now and write down some 30 things (fun, some not-so-fun things) I'd like to do on or before I clock 30, and in my awesome graciousness, I have de