Skip to main content

GET A LIFE: GIVE!!! by Oyindamola Ibiyemi

So we all know so much about giving but we all still don't give. We keep saying "I don't have enough".  We aim to have more not minding the ones who don't have at all. The little you give out will go a long (or even short) way to make someone happy – very happy. Someone's happiness is dependent on you.

There are always those in need around you. There is always the little girl who will appreciate your generous 50 Naira. Most children that are poverty stricken did not bargain for it. They came to the world innocently and they have had to suffer every day. I was in a northern state recently and I was amazed at the number of children that beg for food daily. Infact they wake up every morning and walk (mostly bare-feet) long distances to specific spots where they are given a day's portion of rice! It’s a pathetic sight to watch. They stand and queue
in fifties all day for three soup spoons of rice mixed with palm oil and salt! If you mistakenly walk four feet from them you will run from the odour oozing from them. It is these same children that are used to start crises (all they have to give them is a little bit more rice).


My point is this: help that little girl or boy who doesn't have good clothes in your neighbourhood. Help that poor family you know, don't forget the babies in orphanages. Your monthly BIS subscription will give someone ‘a slice of heaven’. Be nice to the hawker you buy stuff from in traffic, say thank you to your house help, say good morning to your gate man/driver, re-arrange your wardrobe and find someone to give those clothes to...

Give, Give, Give... you will always have more to give. God is NOT unjust to forget your labour of love   

...heal the world, make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race...
It's the law of nature (and of God) that when you give, you will receive (maybe not exactly what you gave but you WILL definitely receive).
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted". - Aesop

Spread love, not hate.
Put a smile on someone’s face today.
Smile! Give!


========================================================================
Oyindamola is a 'lawyer-in-training' at the Nigerian Law School, Abuja Campus.
I can tell you for free that she gives the best and warmest hugs. She's a deep deep lover of God and man. She's downright down-to-earth and real but very warm and really nice!
She's my dear friend-turned-sister (Been Besties since Primary 1 at Trinity Nursery and Primary School....lol).
She threatened to sue my *** if I write anything incriminating and 'defamous' about her, the bad thing is she's a lawyer *sigh* so I'd better stop here.
I'm out of here before I get into any trouble.
Toodles..xx

Comments

  1. Word!real word for thought,may we find strenght to give!*nicee one sis*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word!real word for thought,may we find strenght to give!*nicee one sis*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word!real word for thought,may we find strenght to give!*nicee one sis*

    ReplyDelete
  4. omo, i really love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PIA VENTS: JUST DO IT? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a beautiful and restful day… but I’m very pissed and this has got absolutely nothing to do with Nike, believe me. I’m so pissed at the kind of people that makes up my generation. I’m so pissed, I’m crying right now. The kind of greed and lust and immorality and sheer evil that’s going on all around me. That’s what I’m pissed about. We all read about the BOWEN girl that was killed last week by cultists. Why? Because her ‘shakara’ was too much and they ‘wanted to teach her a lesson’. For crying out loud, it is said that as the population of the world stands right now, it’s 4 girls to one guy. and i'm sure there are so many guys who already have their ‘one girl’, that means you can have their other 3 to your 4…meaning there are soooo many other girls for your taking. So many girls you don’t have to ask to give you what you want.... (continue)

KEEP CALM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

 22 RANDOM THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOI :) I’m 22 tomorrow (July 17) and even though I might not have had ‘favorite childhood memories’ like ‘regular’ people, I’ve been such a blessssed girl. I’m so grateful to God. He’s given me a life better than I ever could have lived on my own. I’m actually a very private person, I don’t like to talk about myself but I just feel so excited about this birthday and I feel like sharing 22 of some of the things most people don’t know about me with you. I won’t go into details, sorry :-p ..hehe... UPDATE: A friend of mine said to me, "I read through this list and most of the things you wrote tell me absolutely nothing about you that I didn't know before, why are you so tight-fisted about information about yourself?"... Plus, my friend, Femi 'Phera' Joshua nominated me to say 20 things about me on instagram recently, so I decided to kuku 'UPdate' this list...some new points have been adde

30 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I'M 30

A couple of days ago, my friend Sodeeq and I were having our usual chit-chat and suddenly, he said to me ‘Babe, live a little...’ That statement prompted me to start to think about those things I've always wanted to do but just haven't gotten round to doing. During my self search, I suddenly discovered I haven't really really like really done anything very fun or memorable these past years of my life (except, of course, my night out with the girls (Sasa, Leemah and Steph last year....lol. that was super memorable... *lip sealed*)... and that is funny because I consider myself a very adventurous person. I looove travelling, learning about other cultures and all so I don't know why I've been this 'boring'... So I decided to take a break from all the 'seriousness' going on in my life right now and write down some 30 things (fun, some not-so-fun things) I'd like to do on or before I clock 30, and in my awesome graciousness, I have de