Skip to main content

LETTER TO SELF

Iyanuoluwani,

I'm proud of the woman you're becoming. Spiritually, physically, financially, intellectually, dreams’ically, emotionally, psychologically, career’cally, relationships’cally… I'm oh so proud.

I'm also glad you can proudly say "I'm the girl who God has helped".

I do realise we don't speak to each other a lot in writing, so this is a bit awkward and so, I’ll just drive straight to the point:

I often forget how pretty awesome I am. But don’t you ever forget how awesome YOU are. Be aware of your worth, your gifts and your strengths; constantly. You are a premium treat and you can't force everyone to have a fine taste, so even if one or two people ‘tend’ not to appreciate you, others do and you always should. Don't deny the world of your essence.

Also remember you can never control what someone else does, you can only control your actions and reactions. You can be the very best, as in textbook perfect, but you can't control how others want to treat you. It's up to you to make sure you never forget your self-worth. 



I've seen how very deeply you can care about a person or a cause. I know how deeply vulnerable you can be; how careful and protective you can be; how adventurous you can also be; how loyal, seriously tough, dogged and stern you can be. Feel free to express the innate you, however the Spirit allows you at every point in time.

Remember, you can always do better with what you are and what you have; good or bad. Always. And while you’re at it, take someone else with you. There is nothing cool about everything starting and ending with you. Nothing at all.

Pick your battles carefully and your weapons too.

Don't ever let life's hardships colour you bad.

Don't lose yourself. Be well and find happiness in all the good things that surround you. I know how much you love surprises, so surprise yourself and those around you every once in a while. When you do things for people, lose every interest in having them show gratitude to you; or you’ll be very disappointed most of the time.

No one will handle your goals as passionately as you would. Therefore, never put your goals, happiness, in the hands of any other person. They will most likely mess you up. Remember the bible says "the arm of flesh will surely fail...”

I know you are in the process of learning to save not just for the rainy days but for sunny days too... splurge selectively, cos you you've been a good girl so long ‎and you deserve to be pampered regularly... *wink #TheBestOrNothing

God is willing to give you a life better than you have dreamed of for yourself but never ever forget that pride goes before a fall… #selah

Lastly, make me proud babygirl, make the people that matter proud and most importantly, make God proud; and while you're at it, stay away from all that sugar, drink a lot of water, and don't stop laughing hard; get your dancing acts together, your swimming acts too :l

Remember that in the end, it’s not the end. So, prepare for that which comes after the end #selah.

Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress.
All my love,
Me
(17/7/2015)


 Photo credits: elephantjournal.com; http://myprettypennies.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIA VENTS: JUST DO IT? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a beautiful and restful day… but I’m very pissed and this has got absolutely nothing to do with Nike, believe me. I’m so pissed at the kind of people that makes up my generation. I’m so pissed, I’m crying right now. The kind of greed and lust and immorality and sheer evil that’s going on all around me. That’s what I’m pissed about. We all read about the BOWEN girl that was killed last week by cultists. Why? Because her ‘shakara’ was too much and they ‘wanted to teach her a lesson’. For crying out loud, it is said that as the population of the world stands right now, it’s 4 girls to one guy. and i'm sure there are so many guys who already have their ‘one girl’, that means you can have their other 3 to your 4…meaning there are soooo many other girls for your taking. So many girls you don’t have to ask to give you what you want.... (continue)

KEEP CALM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

 22 RANDOM THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOI :) I’m 22 tomorrow (July 17) and even though I might not have had ‘favorite childhood memories’ like ‘regular’ people, I’ve been such a blessssed girl. I’m so grateful to God. He’s given me a life better than I ever could have lived on my own. I’m actually a very private person, I don’t like to talk about myself but I just feel so excited about this birthday and I feel like sharing 22 of some of the things most people don’t know about me with you. I won’t go into details, sorry :-p ..hehe... UPDATE: A friend of mine said to me, "I read through this list and most of the things you wrote tell me absolutely nothing about you that I didn't know before, why are you so tight-fisted about information about yourself?"... Plus, my friend, Femi 'Phera' Joshua nominated me to say 20 things about me on instagram recently, so I decided to kuku 'UPdate' this list...some new points have been adde

A LETTER TO MY FUTURE HUSBAND

This one’s for The Man Who Will One Day Become My Soul-Mate in Crime *wink. # Dear future Husband of mine, How are you, mi loveness? I’m not totally sure what my purpose in writing this letter is; I guess I just really wanted to talk to you. It’s so weird that I haven’t met you and I’m writing you, right? Well...  I have sooo many things I wanna say to you and gist you about and I don’t even know how to coordinate those thoughts and make them rhyme. So, this letter may seem all over the place, just be attentive, you’ll understand, because you’re sooo super smart...mwaaah. Right now, my love life is rather lacklustre  and I am heart-broken right now, I'll gist you... but I’m not embarrassed one bit about it or ashamed of not having a serious relationship (or a string of silly relationships). That mostly has to do with my determination not to date someone *just* to date them. I want more than that from my love life and I know you’re absolutely worth the