Skip to main content

MEMO: THIS ONE'S FOR REAL MEN

If you're not a real man and you're not aspiring to be one, please ignore everything you see here :|

Being a real man no be by muscles o

Hello guys, I write you from the groanings of my tiny heart, please indulge me.

First, what’s the deal with this new trend y’all rocking these days? This new trend of beating women to stupor/even to death? We all have heard the Pistorius, Akolade stories. And there is also this rape thing everywhere...

What is it? What what what is wrong with you gaaaaaan sef...
I feel very troubled that men who are supposed to protect the women in their lives end up being their worst nightmares. Get a grip on yourselves boys!

Look! A muscular body,  fat bank account, good friends network, a good job, political positions, chieftaincy titles, religious position, baritone voice, hairy chest, athletic body, goatee, big grammar, ability to father a child, big car, big house, international connections. All these can make you a man but not a real man. A real man is quite different from just any random man on the street.


You label every girl a ‘gold digger’. Okay okay, I’m well aware that some girls are not smiling but Guy, not every girl needs your money! Listen, Gold diggers dig gold, do you even have gold? Like real GOLD? *pulling off my vexing coat*  *sigh. Any reasonable man should know the needs of his woman without her asking, is all I'm saying!

In Gbemi OO’s voice, you want a girl that would pound yam for you, have you ever asked yourself “am I worth pounding yam for?'

I’m not here to talk down at you or anything, I know how volatile your egos can be, I just want to help you know some of the things we reasonable women (and even God) crave from our men.

I might not be able to expatiate on some of the points because I have this presentation I need to get back to, but I trust that y’all are very intelligent and will allow God interpret these words to you and help you become that man your woman, your mother, your sisters will be proud of.

A real man is accountable. First to God and then to all the important people in his life.

A real man prides himself on his hygiene and impeccable manners. 

His word is his bond. He is downright down to earth!


A real man is LOYAL. He stands up for what he believes in, behind his convictions, his words, and himself.   He is responsible for his own actions.

A real man delays gratification- Sometime ago I saw a man all suited up looking nice and dandy fighting on the streets. Well, as the fight progressed, he wasn’t looking as nice... and that’s just sad. Someone said “It takes discipline, patience, and maturity to filter oneself and think about others before one responds. A response requires thought, meta-cognition. A reaction is instinctual. Boys react. Men respond”. A real man doesn’t think because he wants it, he has to have it NOW! Not sex, not a fight, ...

A real man doesn’t treat his woman like a slave or less of a human because he knows and understands  that there are only 3 ‘persons’ referred to as ‘helper’ in the Bible: God the Father, the Holy Spirit and the Woman. #selah

A real man knows what he wants and he goes for it, but he thinks before he acts. He makes decisions while considering and valuing the input of others and those closest to him.

A Real Man is not afraid to ask questions when he doesn’t know the answer.




The mark of a real man is in being able to keep his cool in moments of stress conflict, criticism, and less-than-ideal situations; he bends without breaking in the face of adversity and dire circumstances.

A Real Man knows when and where not to crack a joke.  He’s charming, protective and chivalrous.

A Real Man is not afraid to win; at the same time, he knows the value and growth that comes with losing and that there is plenty of room in the winner’s circle, and wants others to succeed too!

A real man values more than just looks. A real man doesn’t shout ‘ukwu’ like a retard!

A real man will never be intimidated by his woman’s motivation: a man, who has goals for himself, will want to be with a woman who has goals for her own life, too. He will want to be part of a ‘power couple’, rather than a ‘dictatorship’.

A real man doesn’t pout in ALL his pictures, it’s just disgusting *straight face*

A real man doesn’t wee-wee on the streets, on walls,  or in ‘gutters’, ah mean, that’s just ‘awfully appalling’... total mumu behaviour.

A real man will not dance around answers or make excuses. If there is something that needs to be talked about, he talks about it.

A real man will trust his woman. He will have confidence in his relationship. Only a boy will project his own insecurities onto his woman or other people. It should be understood that part of what comes with the territory of having a girlfriend, is dealing with her getting hit on. If you're at the bar together, or if she's out with her friends, it goes without saying that your girlfriend will get hit on every once in awhile. Instead of letting his primate instincts prevail and beating his chest like an angry gorilla to scare off competition, a real man will calmly make his position known, and understand that at the end of the day, she’s his.

A real man shows respect - Nothing signifies an empty shell of a man more than someone who disrespects other people especially women. It is an excuse of a man that beats up a woman.

Finally, a real man will empower those around him. He will strive for greatness and therefore inspire others to strive for it as well. This not only includes friends and co-workers, but also significant others.

It’s amazing how easy it is to see these things, and nod while reading them, yet still fail at them on a daily basis. I know there is no purrfect man but you have to put in more work in being a better version of you.

Y’all have more influence than you’ll ever know. God himself has given you dominion over all that breathes; you have the power to influence the direction we all go. But are you capable of handling that kind of authority? Will you be able to make it worth our while?

My name is Priscilla Adeboye and I love me some real man!

Toodles...

These points are not conclusive; please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below…

*I got a little help here and there with this article ;)

Comments

  1. u nailed it PIA! thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U have painstakingly written about 'real men' and who they are with your apt and incisive views. I hope u write about a real woman too,they seriously need it .Good work PIA....SLP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SLP 956!!!! LOL.............Thanks alot. I wrote about ladies the other time, so I said to balance it this time. Thanks alot for stopping by...

      Delete
  3. I've been a regular reader....very impressed. I got something if not everything. Keep it up. Phera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice write up. Makes lots of valuable contributions to help the real man. I think also it's important to note that a real man is a human being with feelings as well, and should not be taken for grated nor get hit on here and there. The society will always have "unreal men" and "unreal ladies", but we have to painstakingly ensure we don't join them in any way. Great thoughts... You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ''....A real man doesn't shout ‘ukwu’ like a retard!''...lolx. I still can't laughing over that. But mehn, u're so right there, the rate of silly 'vainess' in our men is becoming increasingly frightening. God help us all o. Gr8 piece as always Iyanuoluwa. God bless you. Tolu A.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PIA VENTS: JUST DO IT? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a beautiful and restful day… but I’m very pissed and this has got absolutely nothing to do with Nike, believe me. I’m so pissed at the kind of people that makes up my generation. I’m so pissed, I’m crying right now. The kind of greed and lust and immorality and sheer evil that’s going on all around me. That’s what I’m pissed about. We all read about the BOWEN girl that was killed last week by cultists. Why? Because her ‘shakara’ was too much and they ‘wanted to teach her a lesson’. For crying out loud, it is said that as the population of the world stands right now, it’s 4 girls to one guy. and i'm sure there are so many guys who already have their ‘one girl’, that means you can have their other 3 to your 4…meaning there are soooo many other girls for your taking. So many girls you don’t have to ask to give you what you want.... (continue)

KEEP CALM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

 22 RANDOM THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOI :) I’m 22 tomorrow (July 17) and even though I might not have had ‘favorite childhood memories’ like ‘regular’ people, I’ve been such a blessssed girl. I’m so grateful to God. He’s given me a life better than I ever could have lived on my own. I’m actually a very private person, I don’t like to talk about myself but I just feel so excited about this birthday and I feel like sharing 22 of some of the things most people don’t know about me with you. I won’t go into details, sorry :-p ..hehe... UPDATE: A friend of mine said to me, "I read through this list and most of the things you wrote tell me absolutely nothing about you that I didn't know before, why are you so tight-fisted about information about yourself?"... Plus, my friend, Femi 'Phera' Joshua nominated me to say 20 things about me on instagram recently, so I decided to kuku 'UPdate' this list...some new points have been adde

A LETTER TO MY FUTURE HUSBAND

This one’s for The Man Who Will One Day Become My Soul-Mate in Crime *wink. # Dear future Husband of mine, How are you, mi loveness? I’m not totally sure what my purpose in writing this letter is; I guess I just really wanted to talk to you. It’s so weird that I haven’t met you and I’m writing you, right? Well...  I have sooo many things I wanna say to you and gist you about and I don’t even know how to coordinate those thoughts and make them rhyme. So, this letter may seem all over the place, just be attentive, you’ll understand, because you’re sooo super smart...mwaaah. Right now, my love life is rather lacklustre  and I am heart-broken right now, I'll gist you... but I’m not embarrassed one bit about it or ashamed of not having a serious relationship (or a string of silly relationships). That mostly has to do with my determination not to date someone *just* to date them. I want more than that from my love life and I know you’re absolutely worth the