Skip to main content

"IT AIN'T ALL ABOUT BEING FAST" - Dominic Toretto

LIVE THE VERY LIFE YOU LOVE.


Oh how I love the Fast and Furious franchise! Well, I don't watch a lot of movies, so I don't have so many favourite ones...

Oh how I love the cars, the races, the battles...

I love how friends became 'family', I love how everyone gave his very best to every 'one last ride'; even Roman (the double Alpha/Joker).

Oh how I LOVED Paul. When his death was announced, it hit me as badly as it would have if I'd known him personally. So when the latest installment, Paul's last movie, was released, I deliberately didn't read reviews, I didn't even watch the trailer because I didn't want no spoilers. So, the first time I saw it, you can imagine that I watched every scene with trepidation, anticipating how Paul's character, Brian O'Conner, would be killed...

Horatius Bonar (1808-1889) wrote these words:

Fading away like the stars of the morning,
Losing their light in the glorious sun—
Thus would we pass from the earth and its toiling,
Only remembered by what we have done.



In this race of life, it ain't all about being fast and being first to win this or get that; buy this or achieve that...what would you have done worth remembering when the Owner of the life takes it? 

No one prays to die; most of those who have died definitely didn't plan on it.

I stumbled on these points sometime ago and I found them really helpful on this quest, so I thought to share them with you:
  • Live by your beliefs and values. Recognize your core beliefs and values. These influence your decisions, shape your day-to-day actions, and determine your short- and long-term priorities.
  • Set priorities.  identify those activities that matter most and spend the majority of your time and effort in those areas (do not forget the Pareto principle). Otherwise, it’s too easy to drift away in the currents of life.
  • Follow your passion. Pursue your dreams with fervor, put your heart into everything you do. As James Dean, the actor, once said, “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”
  • Achieve balance. Put your heart into your career and into building relationships with your friends and family. Reserve adequate time to satisfy your personal needs. Achieving balance means living up to one’s potential in all facets of life. The saying goes, “The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.”
  • Make a difference.  make a meaningful difference in someone else’s life. Do things for others without expectation of personal gain, serve as an exemplary role model. As the old proverb says, “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.”
  • Live in the moment.  Cherish every moment and seek to live life without regret. Take joy in the experiences that life gives and don’t worry about keeping score. Dr. Seuss may have said it best, “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
My Bible says: "Young people, it's wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do". Ecclesiastes 11:9 (NLT)


Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress...
xx

Photo credit: i.dailymail.co.uk, verybestquotes.com

Comments

  1. *Usually when my younger brother mimes this song, it awakens memories, makes me feel nostalgic*...Now it comes on unexpectedly, as I opened this page, in this deafening silence of my office stirring up the same emotions...Kudos for that, Priscilla. The write-up's amazing and the message received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only remembered by what you have done...
    Another dope post. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live in the moment............... Lovely points that awaken the passion within. God bless for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PIA VENTS: JUST DO IT? REALLY? LIKE SERIOUSLY?

It’s been a beautiful and restful day… but I’m very pissed and this has got absolutely nothing to do with Nike, believe me. I’m so pissed at the kind of people that makes up my generation. I’m so pissed, I’m crying right now. The kind of greed and lust and immorality and sheer evil that’s going on all around me. That’s what I’m pissed about. We all read about the BOWEN girl that was killed last week by cultists. Why? Because her ‘shakara’ was too much and they ‘wanted to teach her a lesson’. For crying out loud, it is said that as the population of the world stands right now, it’s 4 girls to one guy. and i'm sure there are so many guys who already have their ‘one girl’, that means you can have their other 3 to your 4…meaning there are soooo many other girls for your taking. So many girls you don’t have to ask to give you what you want.... (continue)

KEEP CALM IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

 22 RANDOM THINGS MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT MOI :) I’m 22 tomorrow (July 17) and even though I might not have had ‘favorite childhood memories’ like ‘regular’ people, I’ve been such a blessssed girl. I’m so grateful to God. He’s given me a life better than I ever could have lived on my own. I’m actually a very private person, I don’t like to talk about myself but I just feel so excited about this birthday and I feel like sharing 22 of some of the things most people don’t know about me with you. I won’t go into details, sorry :-p ..hehe... UPDATE: A friend of mine said to me, "I read through this list and most of the things you wrote tell me absolutely nothing about you that I didn't know before, why are you so tight-fisted about information about yourself?"... Plus, my friend, Femi 'Phera' Joshua nominated me to say 20 things about me on instagram recently, so I decided to kuku 'UPdate' this list...some new points have been adde

30 THINGS TO DO BEFORE I'M 30

A couple of days ago, my friend Sodeeq and I were having our usual chit-chat and suddenly, he said to me ‘Babe, live a little...’ That statement prompted me to start to think about those things I've always wanted to do but just haven't gotten round to doing. During my self search, I suddenly discovered I haven't really really like really done anything very fun or memorable these past years of my life (except, of course, my night out with the girls (Sasa, Leemah and Steph last year....lol. that was super memorable... *lip sealed*)... and that is funny because I consider myself a very adventurous person. I looove travelling, learning about other cultures and all so I don't know why I've been this 'boring'... So I decided to take a break from all the 'seriousness' going on in my life right now and write down some 30 things (fun, some not-so-fun things) I'd like to do on or before I clock 30, and in my awesome graciousness, I have de